About us

My photo
Members & staff of UKIP past & present. Committed to reforming the party by exposing the corruption and dishonesty that lies at its heart, in the hope of making it fit for purpose. Only by removing Nigel Farage and his sycophants on the NEC can we save UKIP from electoral oblivion. SEE: http://juniusonukip.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a-statement-re-junius.html

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Dr Eric Edmond on Douglas Denny


Taken from Dr Edmond's blog: http://ukiptruth.blogspot.com/

In the words of the common croucher I had a good chortle when I read on GLW's blog the contents of Denny's email to Arnot slagging off Zuckerman,

"I have to say too that to me, MZ has proved himself to be a dubious P.Secretary. There have been a number of times when I have wondered about his competence as a lawyer.

I don't mind saying that because I would happily say so his face (I would not say anything about someone behind their back that I would not be willing to say to their face). In fact have come close to doing so. The only reason I have not is for the sake of conciliatory harmony in the NEC, but it is not easy for my personal disposition to accept fools lightly, and those last two decisions lead by him which swung the NEC into unnecessary decisions are foolish enough by any standard in my opinion.

I know for a fact he deliberately will not answer anything to anyone, unless practically forced to, and complained to me once about being too busy to answer silly people asking silly questions - as he sees it. The whole idea of a PS is to deal with the queries coming in, and organise the direction of party business within his remit. He does not seem willing to do this, beyond narrow confines of what he deems suitable. My opinion is if he does not like the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

"When I was elected to the NEC last March I was in 3rd place and Denny was 4th. The first question I was asked by most people was, "Who voted for Denny? Nobody likes him". I found out why at my first NEC in early April when I was verbally abused by Denny for having the temerity to ask our leader, NF, produce some evidence to support his demand we expel an entire branch. My fate was sealed. Farage was heard later shouting at his sycophants, " I want him off". Over the next 5 months Denny aided by Bannerman led a vicious, unprincipled campaign to have me removed from the NEC. I never did find an answer to the voting part of the question!

I soon found this pattern of expulsions repeated in London and the Eastern region. It is no wonder that UKIP membership is in decline. I sat through a number of NEC discussions on expulsion but not a one on recruitment or coming electoral campaigns.

Their excuse to get rid of me was that I had defamed Mr Gill behind his back. Mr Gill was supposedly in charge of MEP selection and I took the old fashioned view that when you are in charge of something you make sure you can be contacted and better still you are present. Mr Gill was neither. I made repeated attempts to contact him with no success. Is it not ironic that this is exactly Denny's recent complaint about Zuckerman?

I did say that Mr Gill, 15 years a Tory MP, seemed never to have even been a PUSSY. Denny of course thought I was talking about cats but in parliamentary terms a PUSSY is a Parliamentary Under Secretary and is the lowest rung on the government ministerial ladder. No Government Minister is ever allowed to go on holiday without leaving clear and effective contact details with the private office. Mr Gill had gone on holiday and seemed unaware of this important executive convention.

I never impugned Mr Gill's competence or ability in any way. Denny however seems to have impugned Zuckerman's professional abilities something I deplore. Further NF will not forgive or forget Denny's description of him as a waffling Soggy Sheep!

It was clearly convenient to blame me for the NEC leaks. Give a dog a bad name etc. This has now been shown to be completely false. Whilst on the NEC I never leaked and nor did I post Internet comments. Denny is shown as having 1229 posts to his name on Democracy Forum since 2005 the period he was on the NEC! Read Denny's postings on the Democracy Forum thread, Dr Eric Edmond removed from SW MEP list and you gain much insight into Denny's character. Click here to read

I trust the NEC will now act promptly to remove Denny from its number.

1 comment:

Greg_L-W. said...

Hi,

readers of the facts and humour of Junius may well be interested to read the additional correspondence between Dippy Denny and his pal the rather naiive and inexperienced little Jonathan Arnott.

A further letter can be found here:
http://caterpillarsandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2009/02/318-ma-zucherman-is-highly-thought-of.html
which shows the collaborative agreement between Denny & Arnott over their low opinion of Ma Zucherman.

Further it is clear in the correspondence that neither Arnott nor Denny are to be trusted, and the fact that one or other or both of them have deliberately leaked the correspondence directly or indirectly to me and thus to others speaks volumes of both their reliability and trustworthiness.

You will note each entered into a pact of secrecy with the other - Yet I have been put in a position to leak the material for the good of UKIP and transparency.

You may also find further material on the subject of interest to you at:
http://caterpillarsandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2009/02/321-soggy-sheep-in-too-big-coat.html

You may find amongst the other established facts about EUkip and its duplicity and shennanigens amongst the +-300 other postings on this series - items that will convince you too that whilst UKIP was founded on very clear aims and integrity sadly the level of corruption and dishonesty, and the vile and underhand behaviour of its supporters such as Denny, Bob FM, Mark Croucher, Brendan Padmore and their ilk not to mention that of its MEPs, NEC members and many of its staff - which can be viewed in detail at what was UKIP Forum - shows this new and debased claque of bullies and cheats, liars and self seekers looking for means of self enrichment to be a disgrace to the British body politic.

There is no place for such malevolent and self seeking behaviour in the representation of these United Kingdoms - they are unworthy of a single vote for their betrayal of the decent, honest, patriotic members of UKIP that Farage and his cronies have betrayed seemingly for self agrandisement and self enrichment.

Regards,
Greg L-W.
01291 - 62 65 62